At Greenmount Primary we aim to provide students with an inclusive, caring, safe and cooperative learning environment. Our teaching and learning programs are based on our underlying beliefs that students learn best when:
- they have a caring and safe environment where their efforts and contributions are valued and they feel supported
- they are set high expectations and appropriate goals and provided with regular, ongoing, informative feedback
- their individual, social, physical, emotional and learning needs are met
- their learning is integrated, purposeful and connected to real life situations
- students, home and school have a commonly understood purpose and work together
The school has a committed team of teachers and support staff including Education Assistants, Aboriginal Islander Education Officer, School Registrar and Officer, Library Officer, cleaners and gardener who all contribute to the positive learning environment.
Staff work together to engage 370 Kindy - Year 6 students in a varied, targeted academic program, supported by specialist programs in Visual Art, Music, Physical Education and Japanese.
An active School Board and P&C Association contribute to a collaborative organisation which is dedicated to meeting the academic and social needs of all students. We look forward to the opportunity to work together closely as a community to deliver an exciting and responsive learning program for all our students.